Vegan Taco Recipes
This vegan taco recipes collection is sure to jazz up your next taco night!
One of the things I find the most amusing about being vegan is all the non-vegans who think I don’t eat regular food. Like once you go vegan, you no longer eat anything recognizable as actual food. I’m not sure what some people think I eat, but it’s funny to see the look on their faces when I tell them they eat vegan food all the time. It never gets old!
I know a lot of you love tacos too, so I thought I’d collect some taco recipes from around the web to share with you here. I hope you find one you like! (And if you do, be sure to come back here and tell me about it in a comment below!)
Here are some questions I’ve gotten from non-vegans about tacos…
CAN VEGANS EAT TACOS?
Absolutely!! Vegans eat tacos in abundance! The only thing we change is the meat filling. Beyond that, everything is pretty much the same!
WHAT ARE VEGAN TACOS MADE OF?
Well lets see….
We have the shell or tortilla, the lettuce, tomatoes, guacamole, salsa and even beans! In fact, if you don’t mind buying something a little more processed, you can even purchase vegan ground “meat”. Just add some taco seasoning to spice it up. It cooks just like regular ground meat and tastes delicious! The Gardien brand is my favorite, but there are others out there. That being said, I don’t usually partake of processed foods. So I will usually find other options like a good bean filling, or even a cooked whole grain. Delicious and just as filling!
CAN YOU SUBSTITUTE QUINOA FOR MEAT?
Yes, of course. However, I haven’t found it to be a good substitute texture-wise. It leaves one wanting more where texture is concerned. But if you don’t mind that, it has all 9 amino acids. So nutritionally, it’s a great replacement!
ARE CORN TACO SHELLS VEGAN?
Most of them will be, yes. That doesn’t mean there isn’t an exception to the rule somewhere though, which is why a little label reading will go a long way at the store. Generally speaking, tortillas need very few ingredients, and none of them are animal based. So just read labels and you should be able to find vegan tortillas pretty easily.
Remember to subscribe to my free, Last Minute Vegan Newsletter to receive all my latest recipes in your inbox! Click here to sign up!
VEGAN TACO RECIPES:
- Cauliflower Shawarma Tacos – by Love And Lemons
- Vegan Walnut Lentil Chorizo Tacos – by Blissful Basil
- Jamaican Jerk Black Bean Tacos with Roasted Corn Salsa – by Vegan Richa
- Roasted Butternut Squash Tacos – from Cookie and Kate
- Vegan Teriyaki Cauliflower Tacos – by Lauren Caris Cooks
- Spicy Jackfruit Tacos – by Minimalist Baker
- Healthy Breakfast Tacos – by Veggie Inspired
- Vegan Teriyaki Tofu Tacos With Roasted Pineapple Salsa – by Rabbit And Wolves
- Blackened Brussels Sprouts Tacos – by Earth And Oven
- Smoky Tofu Banh Mi Tacos – by Connoisseurus Veg
- Harissa Miso Delicata Squash Tacos – by Healthy Nibbles and Bits
- Vegan Tacos With Refried Cannellini Beans And Asparagus – by Eat Love Eats
- Tempeh Tacos With Avocado Kiwi Salsa – by Live Eat Learn
- Mango Peanut Tempeh Tacos – from Love and Lemons
- Roasted Vegetable Tacos With Chimichurri – by Minimalist Baker
- Vegan BBQ Mushroom Tacos – by Blissful Basil
- One Tray Bean Tacos With Fresh Mango Salsa – by Lauren Caris Cooks
- Quinoa Black Bean Tacos with Creamy Avocado Sauce – by Cookie And Kate
- Tamarind-Glazed Vegetable Tacos – by Healthy Nibbles And Bits
- Lentil Carrot Tacos – by Making Thyme For Health