Vegan Chickpea Burritos Recipe
These vegan chickpea burritos are a wonderful alternative to refried beans!
I love refried beans as much as the next person. They’re delicious, after all. But every once in a while, I like to mix things up to keep variety in my eating plan. So when it came time for burrito night, I opted for chickpeas instead.
- They have a great nutritional value with tons of nutrients.
- The fiber really fills you up.
- They contain more of the essential 9 amino acids then other beans.
- Low on the glycemic index.
- May help stabilize blood sugar.
- They aren’t expensive!
You may be wondering why I added cauliflower to this.
- It gave the beans some textural structure so they didn’t turn into complete mush. Hummus, anyone? (Just don’t overcook the cauliflower!)
- It snuck in more veggies without my kid even realizing it.
- With cauliflower added, the finial mixture had way more fiber and antioxidants.
So if burrito night is in your near future, give these a try and see if you enjoy it as much as I did. It’s tasty!!